Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Basic Greens

Here it is - my premier weekly recipe, and the most frequent recipe I use for greens. You may use this warm vinaigrette on any green vegetable, whether it is steamed, sauteed, wilted or raw. Generally speaking, the more tender the green, the less cooking it needs...

Brown Butter Vinaigrette (or 'Candy Greens' at my house)
for 2 servings:
(I have been making this so long that I genuinely don't know where the credit goes for this recipe. If you do, please let me know!)

1 T brown butter (melt butter over medium heat, and continue to cook until it forms brown solids)
1 T soy sauce
1 1/2 t balsamic vinegar

add the melted butter to the vinegar and soy in a different container, or you will have an embarrassing explosion in your face, which at the very least will be a drag to clean up. Pour over raw greens, wilted kale, steamed broccoli, or my favorite - oven roasted asparagus. If you don't eat dairy, consider replacing the butter with a nutty oil, like walnut or hazelnut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message. Haikus are always appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails